Welcome to Das Übel Gaming - Our Discord

Weaving! No not baskets!

LordQuas
Former Das Übel Member
Characters: Toivottomuus

Weaving! No not baskets!

Post by LordQuas » October 5th, 2009, 4:47 pm

So after being informed by my little brother that i was playing my glad like a "noob" by skill spamming, he showed me how to weave my skills with auto attacks "the right way" which is when you trigger your skill right as you see the animation start for your AA(auto attack duh><) and much to my surprise the little turd seems to be right. It seems like i burn the monsters down much quicker then before.

i am wondering if any of the other glads are doing it? Also are the higher lvl ones(theli) who might have more options in skill chains doing it? I figure the weave really helps when you only have one full chain and from a burst point of view it makes perfect sense to weave, but in pvp you dont have toe to toe contact all the time and dont want to be watching your character so closely for the animation but rather the other players and your surroundings.

the only pvp ive dealt with is rift pvp as im under 25 and that usually means im running for town or getting lucky with catching a ranger at half health and pelting out some hurt before they get their cool downs back!

sorry for the ramble im at work and REALLY want to play so i am playing in my head here on the forums! T_T

Yossi
Former Das Übel Member
Characters: Yossi

Re: Weaving! No not baskets!

Post by Yossi » October 6th, 2009, 2:53 am

Hate to tell you, but your lil' bro is right. Later when more than one chain fires off, you'll need to know which one to choose based on your situation. No key spamming or face roll here. :wink:
What do you call a belly dancer with a sword? A veiled threat. :P

Midian
Übel Co-Founder

Post by Midian » October 6th, 2009, 4:24 am

much admit this is a skill I need to work on myself. When in grind I have a sequence of mashes, without thinking on the timing of it.

Yossi
Former Das Übel Member
Characters: Yossi

Post by Yossi » October 6th, 2009, 7:22 am

It's really becomes even more important when your chains have branches and you now have a choice on how to proceed. Templars get that early on, which is probably a help.
What do you call a belly dancer with a sword? A veiled threat. :P

Deggial
Übel Co-Founder
Games: Archeage, Overwatch, Diablo III
Characters: Shinoamakusa,Deggial

Post by Deggial » October 6th, 2009, 10:07 am

I tend to time my attacks and skills ... learned a bit from AoC and Warhammer ...
aka Korpiklaani
"I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note." - Jinx
Aion Maps Project :: J'ai Envie de Toi (18+) :: Livre d'Art :: Shino's Blog :: Shino Amakusa Photography

LordQuas
Former Das Übel Member
Characters: Toivottomuus

Post by LordQuas » October 6th, 2009, 8:50 pm

i should say i wasnt key mashing, i was follow my chains and i know when they branch and what situation to use them.

what i was doing was burning through a dps chain then AA until cooldown were done!