Welcome to Das Übel Gaming - Our Discord

SM Guide and then some

Rylluu
Former Das Übel Member
Characters: Rylluu

SM Guide and then some

Post by Rylluu » October 7th, 2009, 9:23 am

Greetings,

Below is a link that will provide you with some good information on the class. It will also give you a good idea of just how deadly you can be.

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/class-g ... aster.html
Last edited by Rylluu on October 7th, 2009, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dotting you to death, fun for me, bad for you.
Some people just aren't meant to be understood.

Rylluu
Former Das Übel Member
Characters: Rylluu

Re: SM Guide and then some

Post by Rylluu » October 7th, 2009, 9:36 am

Let me start of by saying if a SM is geared correctly they're a force to be reckoned with and will not be as squishy as a Sorc. I recommend that you save all your armor fluxes and health stones. Start now while you can, realizing you could use them later on is going to hit your kinah hard. Currently people are selling both of these items for more than they are worth (nothing new really). Best time to buy armor fluxes and health stones are on the weekend.

In regards to health stones these are your friend and will separate you from the squishy Sorc. At 22 I have over 2.1K health with just using the +30 HP stones. Gear is another important issue. If you can find someone (me a.k.a Viljah) that does sewing have them make a Thin Tikel set of armor for you. The materials needed for these set are fairly easy to get. The set is white armor by default, but has a chance to proc and become green (Noble) which makes them better. You need to be aware that getting the green item over the white can be very expensive. To make the green set I spent between 60 & 80K. I suggest this two sets because even if it’s just white it still gives you health and manna. Look at it this way, when you are level 13 and the only class that has more health then you is a templar you ready to do some damage and for those moments when you get lag, lag spike, or something spawns on you it’s not as bad as it would be otherwise.

The big the bad Black Claw Elites

First make sure you have manna and health pots. Clean as much junk out of your cube as you can. If you try killing Black Claw Elites (BCE) at 17 you are in for a challenge. They will resist at the worst possible time. Your pets are going to die often. If you have less then 1.5K health the BCE's can kill in you 2, possibly 3 hits. Also make sure you DON”T use your pet taunt. In addition until you get use to kiting them and have a feel for what it’s going to take to kill them don’t run backwards using your spell book for additional damage. Get use to the area first and how to move in it.

With that said I spent about 4 levels grinding on Black Claws elites. Best place to do this is the back door at Impotesium (sp). Crush the cats and Mumu lookouts and you should have enough time to kite 2, possibly 3 Elites down. At that point I would suggest getting your manna back and kill any of the respawns that are up. The Mumu lookouts are really the only ones that will spawn directly in your way. Part of the reason for the time I spent in this area was to help get myself use to kiting. When it’s time and you are PVPing your going to kite them for being the Failyos they are.

This is also a good area to make money. The Elites can drop (most I saw) 845 kinah and lowest was just under 300. As for all those grey useless items....don't destroy them. You will have a nice collection of junk that a vendor will be happy to take off your hands and possibly give you 25 - 50K for (mind you that’s for spending some serious time out there.)
At level 19 you learn an ability that lets you transfer your health to the pet. At level 20 you get a stigma that lets you take health from your enemy. Pet survivability until level 19 is very low if they pull agro that is provided you’re willing to give your health. The Earth pet has the best chance to survive, but will still need heals from you if it gets agro. If you read the link above you will be aware of the pet’s abilities.

Pet on DP VS BCE

Any pet on this buff is going to pull agro from you and get toasted by these guys if you do nothing to help. I did try a few things like taking the mob down 10-15% before sending the pet in. At about 25% your pet should, notice I said should, be safe enough to engage with the DP buff. This does not mean use taunt. Thunder claw should be the only one you are using. In the end it is your choice as to what pet you use and which one will work best for you. If you find you have no control issues with your pet then I would suggest building your DP all the way up to a full 3. Reason for this is instead of 20 minutes of crazy pet time you can get 30, possibly even 40 if you’re killing fast enough.

Here is where I am not going to disagree with the link about regarding the fire chain spells. They do not share timers with any of your other spells that I am currently aware of (however is subject to change). For example your pet has the DP buff and has pulled the mob from you. You have some options, but not many to build your hate fast. Healing your pet will certainly be a good place to start. Refreshing your dots and finishing with the fire chain has a good chance of being enough to get it back on you. Another option is you are level 20 is use your stigma spell to heal yourself off the mob. If it’s still on your pet and the stigma heal is not an option pop a heal pot heal the pet again and continue hammering the mob with your fire spells while maintaining the dots. Remember your pets are direct damage while you as a caster are DoT. I believe the Wind pet is the only one that currently has a DoT ability that has to be triggered by Thunder Claw.
Yes I am aware of the stigma that lets you transfer the mobs hate from your pet to yourself. My thought is it’s a waste of Abyss stigma shards.

So using the same armor from level 13 until 22, 23 certainly save’s a person money. Not counting the money spent on making the level 13 noble set the only thing I really spent any money on was a spell book, but that wasn’t until level 20. If you have the money and can afford to spend it my thought is do it. Farming the BCE’s will more than make up what you spent.
Dotting you to death, fun for me, bad for you.
Some people just aren't meant to be understood.